Friday, December 31, 2010

christmas part 3

Christmas morning Patrick and I woke up and had our own time of opening presents.

Christmas Morn 2010 from Hannah Schreiner on Vimeo.


After our grand celebration we headed south to my parents. We had more donuts and time to visit with family.
Lydia met some of her cousins (extended) for the first time .
Patrick played with A's new lite brite.
J cheesed it up for the camera.




Our family has grown (and is continuing to grow) at such a fast pace we don't have much room for all of us and the tons of presents.


My Dad played football, basketball and baseball in high school and was great at all three. His momma never missed a game and cut out all the newspaper clippings with my dad in them. He was pretty much a star so there are tons of clippings. For too long these clippings have sat in a bag. My sister took some of those and put together a scrapbook for my Dad. It was really neat and special. Dad told us all some of his favorite stories. We all teared up at the end when Dad started talking about his momma.
Like I said, she never missed a game. One game she had pneumonia and was afraid she was going to miss Dad playing. The coach let her drive her car all the way down to the field and sit there and watch her son play.
Granny's been gone now as long as I've been alive. I can't imagine life without my parents. Dad was a momma's boy for sure and I know he misses her so much.
Sarah Beth definitely gets the best present award this year!
On a lighter note... I made M a Mighty M cape. He was a little hesitant at first but finally let us see how cool he looked in it.




This was Lydia's first time to be held by uncle Brad.

Merry Christmas 2010 from the Schreiners!

No comments:

Post a Comment