Thursday, December 30, 2010

I would go to bed right now

but I have to feed Lydia in 45 min. Story of my life these days but I wouldn't have it any other way. She's laying beside our bed in her pack in play snoring right now. She's cute.
I had thought of a lot of random things to post about early in the day but can't seem to think of any of them now. I really think I have lost some of my (already limited) intelligence since having a child. She's probably going to be a genius.
I made the first sentence of this post like my mother in law does her emails. :) Patrick and I always think its funny the way she starts what she wants to tell us in the subject line and then continues on in the message without skipping a beat. She draws us in that way. She reads my blog. She's probably laughing right now.
This post is probably going to be random.
Patrick sleeps with ear plugs now that we have Lyd in the room with us. She's that loud.
Lydia has a rash on her chest. It kills me. It doesn't seem to hurt her or really bother her at all. But it breaks my heart to see it. I showed it to the pediatrician and she didn't seem to be that worried about it. Said it'd most likely go away in a few days. I've been putting aquaphor on it. I have a few ideas of what it could be from. Maybe her shirts...alot of them have little applique (don't think that's spelled correctly) things on the front and I think the rough part underneath is rubbing her and irritating her. I've been trying to put a plain onesie on her underneath such shirts to solve the problem. My mom mentioned maybe it's the detergent I'm using. I use All free and clear so I don't think it's that. I started today to try and not use any fabric softener sheets because those have a fragrance. We'll see if those two things help. If not I'll probably buy the too expensive Dreft and see if that helps.
Lydia has been kind of fussy after eatings and I think it's gas. She's funny. The majority of the time the only way to calm her down is to hold her belly tight against your chest by pressing on her lower back and then holding her head out with your other hand. If you can't picture this I'll try to post a picture. I'm including this because it's these cute things that I want to remember.
Like how Patrick and I love the way her breath smells. I had been thinking that but was afraid to say it because I thought it was weird. Then he said it. Now we can be unashamedly weird together.
Now its 30 min till I feed her.
I just facebooked for 24 min. I really should start a book or something. I could get a lot read during these waiting periods.

No comments:

Post a Comment