Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring Celebration 2009

Yesterday was the annual Spring Celebration for Seminary Wives Institute. I have been taking classes the last six weeks on hospitality and to put what we've learned into practice, we hosted this celebration. We broke up into committees and pulled this thing together. I was on the food committee and somehow got voted as chair. So for the last few weeks I have been trying to get the recipes together, buy groceries and distribute the food to the appropriate girls to make all this food for 160 people. Needless to say, I was a little stressed. But it was fun and everything turned out GREAT!

Here's what my week looked like

Monday and Tuesday: Shopping with Jenny (my great friend who was in the Thunder and Pie crust posts) at Costco and Walmart. I'm sure we looked hilarious digging through all the strawberries, asparagus, cucumbers and cantaloupes trying to find the absolute best.

Wednesday: Distributing the food. Grating a huge block of cheese and also cutting cucumbers into these cute little flowers.

Thursday: The Big Day! I had the day off, woke up early and headed over to my in laws to fix some veggie bars. My mil, Diane, is the best! I wouldn't have been able to get all the bars done had she not helped! (side note: she is a great example of a godly woman and never fails to encourage me every time we talk) Then I packed those up and headed over to the Seminary to make these yummy strawberries. I met up with Jenny and we had a good afternoon of hulling stuffing and dipping strawberries. The final touches we done on everything and the celebration began. Here are some of the pictures.
This last picture is of the food committee, these ladies were great! I really enjoyed getting to know them in class and working together to host the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment