Monday, January 31, 2011

official

I'm officially a cloth diapering momma. I started on last week and have slowly been transitioning my way into the world of cloth diapering.
Photobucket
It took me some time to even get up the courage to wash them so they'd be ready for use. I had to do some prep work first. I went out to Target and bought a drying rack because little did I know that drying my covers all the time will wear and tear on them. Once the sun decides to come out on a regular basis I'll be sticking my rack out back and letting our bum gear dry the old fashion way.
Lydia has had a slight diaper rash here and there so I took a day break from the cloth to try and clear it up and so I can wash the dirty diapers.
Photobucket
So far (ha in my whole 2 weeks of experience) I'm liking these diapers. Last night she had her first leak. I only had the smaller insert in and after wearing it all night she showed the diap who was boss. Her pee. I'll start stuffing with a thicker one for night time use.
Photobucket
We bought the diaper sprayer from bum genius. I'm trying to decide what I think about it. It kind of makes a mess when I use it. Maybe it's the user and not the after sprayer?? It just gets the toilet seat all wet and sometimes even the floor. I could be angling it the wrong way. I'll keep trying and see if I can't figure it out. If it keeps it up though I ma send it back and get more diaps.

4 comments:

  1. 1. You prob do not know me- I found your blog via Annie Brainard. But I actually went to school with Dan, and know Brooke and John too.

    2. I am expecting in July and want to cloth diaper. Soooo what type of diapers did you get and how many?? Please keep letting us know how this endeavor is going!

    3. Your daughter is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave! I'm afraid of cloth diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby I watch uses clothe diapers. Sometimes you have to double the inserts. Also, she is now 18 months, but when she was an infant they leaked ALL the time. Not a big deal, just had to change her more often. Just wait until Lydia is walking and wearing them, it is hilarious because they become off balance with this huge bottom. So.... cute!!! Love reading about all your life experiences as a mommy!!! blessings, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE you stash Hannah! So many cute ones!! And good luck with your diaper sprayer. We have the bg one too, and it does take some getting used to. You have to hold the diaper wayyy down in the toilet & sometimes I still have to wipe the rim off w/ toilet paper b/c it gets wet. But as long as Jonah was exclusively nursing I didn't use it at all. LOVE that breastmilk poo just washes right out! (I do a cold rinse cycle first, then hot/warm wash cycle w/ my detergent and extra rinse setting. Good luck friend!! Let me know if I can help at all.

    ReplyDelete