Thursday, June 17, 2010

On My Mind

**This is going to be a random post of what I've been thinking and doing lately. It may not be grammatically correct (really, when is my blog ever grammatically correct???), don't judge me.**

Is it really June 17th??? This year has flown by for me. We are going to have a baby in 6 months and that blows my mind.

The Celtics and the Lakers play tonight. I mean I want the Celtics to win, but really I'm just glad it's over TONIGHT!! How many weeks have the playoffs been going on now? 10?? We have had lots of boys over periodically through these games. I'm fine with them coming over. I enjoy it much more that they are at my house, than Patrick being gone late to someone else's house. It's just that I feel like a lousy hostess when halfway through the game I leave to go to my room and go to bed. I mean really 9 is way to late to start a bball game. Any way.

I haven't been sick since Monday. Praise the Lord!

I'm helping a friend shoot a wedding this weekend. I'm really excited about this. It will be my second wedding. I'm helping this friend because she is 36 weeks pregnant. I figured she would appreciate the extra help and time off her feet and I'd love the experience. The bride and groom are lots of fun and I hope we are able to portray that in the photos. Along with being excited, I am nervous. I always fear that something will go wrong. I'll somehow delete all the photos or miss a special moment, the list goes on. Thankfully I am only the back up photographer and don't have as much pressure on me. I'm wondering if I should rent a flash for the reception?? Also, I think it is really hard to know what to wear when you are shooting a wedding. The last wedding I did, I wore heels and all black. HEELS and a 10hr day on your feet don't work!!! Also, all black in the sun is not very fun either. I'm trying to figure out what to wear. I need dressy but comfortable. Suggestions welcome.

Not only am I excited about the wedding, I'm excited to see my family. Most of my siblings and parents will be there along with the majority of my niece's and nephews.

In book club this week we read about Sarah Edwards. I was really challenged by her life. She was an amazingly godly woman who was marked by good deeds. Her good deeds were not out of wanting to make a name for herself but wanting to honor the Lord and serve others. After reflecting on her story and how my life compares, I was very convicted. I often serve and do things to promote myself and not the Lord. I find the mundane things of life to be boring. I can be lazy in doing things around the house. I often grumble and complain about chores and even more often leave them half done. This is not a life marked by service unto the Lord. I was also encouraged/challenged that when I do these I am not only serving the Lord but freeing up Patrick to honor the Lord in his duties which right now include studying and reading and writing papers.

Sarah Edwards was also a remarkably mature woman at a very young age. I am young and will be a young mom, I pray that I grow to be mature in the Lord and grounded in the truth of the gospel.


The other day Patrick and I were outside; I was reading on the porch and he was pulling weeds. I found myself just admiring how hard of a worker he is and how very thankful I am that the Lord has given me such a great husband. I have found my love for Patrick growing more and more recently.


Talk about things growing recently, my belly! I was sitting at work yesterday and was shocked as I looked down as saw my pooch. I took a picture and sent it to my sister. Would you like to see??


I'm reading Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey and I am hooked.

All done. Have a happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow your belly is so cute! And I just had a good chuckled because I was like " I LOVE Northanger Abbey! I wonder who suggested it to her?" and then I realized it was your prize, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Hannah that is so sweet!! I am glad that everything is gong great in your life!! I love reading your blogs they are awesome, and keep me updated on you!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete