Friday, July 8, 2011

two things

I haven't posted in a while. Sorry. I have some photos to put up from some recent sessions. Those will be coming over the weekend and the early part of next week. Until then I wanted to say two things.

1. Lydia is scooting. She digs in with her big toes and uses her forearms. It's her own version of the army crawl. It works. She is slow going but can get around pretty well. I will try to get her on video and post for her 8 month update.

2. We recently went out of town (for the fourth). When we left I knew I had a few wet cloth diapers in the pail. I only thought they were wet...so I left them in there until we got back because there wasn't a full load. When we got back and I went to wash them. I found out there was a poopy one in there. DISGUSTING yes, but wait. I opened it up and there were MAGGOTS!!!! I officially deserve the NASTY AWARD. Go ahead and judge me. I came upstairs and told Patrick that I was going to throw the diaper away. He said, "don't throw it away...that thing cost twenty dollars!" Fine then... you have to take care of it. So he took it out side and hosed the poo out of it. Literally.
I washed those diapers probably 5 times. With hot water and bleach and detergent and about 3 extra rinses. I think they are clean. Never. EVER. will I leave diapers in the pail when we are going out of town. Even just for a few days.

Those are the two things I wanted to tell you.

you're welcome:)

3 comments:

  1. oh hannie...those are some good mothering stories :) lydia still says thank you for such soft booty covers, i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That's going to be a great story for you to tell years from now!

    ReplyDelete