Friday, October 22, 2010

Thoughts

Here's a post of randomness. Beware

The Lord has been very kind to Patrick and I this week. Some of you may remember that about a month ago Patrick had an incident/accident in which his car was messed up and we had to pay $420 to get it fixed. This incident wasn't our fault... it was due to construction being done to the road. I pursued the city to see if they'd pay for it. They told me it wasn't their fault and to contact the construction company. I did. They said it wasn't their fault and to contact the miling? company. I did. They said not their fault.... back to the construction company I went. I bugged and bugged and called and emailed and emailed. Well finally I got an email back yesterday saying that.... THEY ARE PAYING US BACK! Wooo HOO! I know that my persistence helped but I see it as more than that. The Lord provided for us yet again! Praise the Lord!

This weekend is going to be packed. We are hopefully going to get to visit with friends (Alex and Clint and new baby Sawyer) for dinner. Saturday is cleaning and at 4 I'm taking family pictures for some friends 5.30 is a baby shower for friends adopting from Ethiopia (!!!!) and then at 7 we are going to our friend's annual pumpkin carving/chili eating/apple cider drinking party. Sunday is church and care group. Then back to work on Monday.

I feel like all the weekends coming up are going to be this way. They are packed with baby showers (for friends and myself) and random ceremonies like my older bro graduating from the police academy. Then it's Thanksgiving and then its DUE DATE!

46 days till my due date. I'm kind of betting I go early. We'll see.

I went to my first class at the hospital yesterday. It was called "Planning a Natural Childbirth." It wasn't what I expected. I guess I was expecting more of a methods class and thats not what it was. It was more of a stages/phases of labor class with random info about going natural. I'm still glad I went. It makes me feel like this is all more real. Even though my tummy is huge and I feel a kid kicking in there often at times it just doesn't seem real.

I told Patrick last night I am getting more and more excited with each passing day to meet this babe. The anxiety of my lack of ability to be a mom is lessening with each day.

I think I'm done with my rambling. Happy Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Praise God for that wonderful financial blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be a wonderful mom! Each day will be different, however, one bit of wisdom I have learned. Consisitency with discipline, coupled with much love, first word taught to little sweet baby girl is "obedience" to mommy and daddy reflects obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ! CYA soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be a great mom hannah, don't worry! Your pregnancy is reminding me, more and more of mine with mady. i love to read your posts about it. i especially love the picture of her lopsided, mady did that all the time and i wish that i would have captured that in a picture too. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete