Monday, October 25, 2010

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I can never eat all my bananas before they go bad. Patrick tries to help but often just forgets that we have them. Well I never throw away brown bananas. I just can't. I think it's because my mom always have a freezer full of them. Well once I have about 5 stored up... I make banana bread. And it is yummy. This recipe is from my aunt mel.

German Banana Bread

2 c sugar
2 sticks butter
2 eggs
1 c sour cream
3-4 ripe bananas (I use more)
3 c self rising flour
1 c pecans
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c milk

Blend sugar and butter. Add additional ingredients. Mix well. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hr. **Remove from pans immediately and wrap with foil**


The sour cream and that last part about wrapping in foil while hot are the key things about this recipe. It turns out extremely moist and delicious. I really wish I had some right now actually. SAD.

2 comments:

  1. I just threw away two frozen bananas because I never got around to making bread! Now that I have your yummy recipe, I'll have to try again! Family recipes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is a wonderful recipe:) And just like you said whoever makes this you MUST wrap immediately in foil. It makes it so wonderfully moist and delicioso! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete