Friday, February 17, 2012

baby #2: 24 weeks

I am late in posting my 24 week update but better late than never.

I went on Wednesday and had my glucose screening done. The drink was NASTY! Last time they gave me the orange soda drink and it wasn't too bad. This time I thought I'd be brave and try the fruit punch flavored one. Bad call. Stick to the orange! Anyway I passed the test. No gestational diabetes for me! I was honestly a little worried because I have been craving sweets like it's my job and drinking cokes like my life depended on it.

Although the glucose screening wasn't affected by my eating habits, my weight gain was! I now weigh 128lbs. I gained 6 lbs in the last month. I know that's not terrible but definitely high. If I keep it up I'll gain like 50+ lbs for the entire pregnancy. I'm hoping for more like 30 lbs max. Right now I've gained 14.

Everything else looked great. My blood pressure was a little high (probably because I'd just seen how much weight I'm gained) but still well within normal range.

And sweet baby girl's heart beat was in the 150's. I'm measuring right on track at 24 weeks. Keep on cooking little girl!

1 comment:

  1. I know how nerve-wracking it is to gain more weight in a month than you wanted to, but don't worry about it too much. I gained 9 pounds one month and then lost 3 of them and still ended up only gaining 30 pounds overall. I was so embarrassed after that doctor visit that I didn't even want to admit to Alex how much I'd gained ;) You're doing great! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete