Monday, July 9, 2012

lydia: 19 months

I'm very behind in updating the blog but thought I'd try to redeem myself during nap time.

Lydia turned 19 months in June. She is still a sweet sweet girl but is having more and more trouble obeying.  I don't think it has to do with Kesid coming along... I think it's just her age. Age and teething...she's cutting her canines. 



I have no idea how much she weighs. Probably 25 lbs or more. She is a big girl!! 

Lydia is starting to talk so much. She'll pretty much attempt to say anything you ask her. Some of my favorites to hear her say are umbrella, watermelon, and bless you. 

Lydia is eating with a fork and spoon on her own. She still makes a mess but her skills are growing!

She used to be terrified of the fountains at our neighborhood park but now she is starting to enjoy them. She calls it the water and anytime we go to the park now we are required to stop at the water :) 

This weekend (4th of july weekend) we have spent a lot of time in the pool. She started off a little timid but by the end of a few days she was climbing up and down the stairs by herself and jumping off the sides of the pool to one of us catching her. I hope she learns to love the water. 

She still loves to read. She has recently starting really liking to "watch" anything on the computer. Anytime we open our computers she'll come up to us and say over and over "watchee, watchee" until we give in. We have started to watch a channel on youtube called kidstv123. It has some great educational videos. She has learned many animal sounds and has started to learn her alphabet sounds. She'll sing, "ah ah apple, ba ba ball, ca ca cat, da da dog." She also loves to sing twinkle twinkle little star and doe a deer. 

She is taking one nap still. Usually she'll go down after lunch and sleep for 2-3 hours. 

I am struggling with getting frustrated with Lydia's disobedience. I pray that I would be patient, slow to anger and abounding in much love toward Lydia (and Kesid) because I have received the same from the Lord. I also pray that the Lord would change my daughters rebel heart to love him and love to obey his commands (and those of her daddy and mommy)

We love our Lyds! She is a great big sister! Happy 19 months sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment