Sunday, February 27, 2011

saying bye is hard to do

This weekend we have said goodbye a few times and let me tell you, it's hard. On Saturday we said goodbye to our good friends Clint and Alex. We used to live on the same street for both of our first year of marriage. What a blessing it was to have them so close. I got to enjoy the privilege of walks and talks and yummy meals shared with Alex. She was really one of my first friends after Patrick and I married. She is one of those people who make you feel at home. I could talk to Alex about anything and could count on good solid godly advice. I'm REALLY going to miss her! To top it off she and I were pregnant together and ended up having the babies just 1 1/2 months apart. We will miss playdates and watching Sawyer grow. They are moving to Philadelphia to work with a church plant. I've known this day was coming for over a year but for some reason I didn't believe it. I now wish I would have spent a lot more time with her because now she's gone and hanging out wont be so easy. So that was one goodbye.

The other was today. We said goodbye to our dog Kirby. We have been throwing the idea around for a little while now and finally decided it'd be better for him to have a new home. I mentioned it on facebook and a guy contacted me about his uncle. He recently had to put down his dog and was getting the itch for another pup. Kirby seemed to be a good fit. Patrick and I will miss him for sure but really feel like this was the right move. We made the final decision last night and dropped him off with the guy this afternoon. I've shed lots of tears but after cleaning up all his hair this afternoon and my allergies going crazy, I can see this is going to be good. It's been a fun year and a half. He'll forever be our Kirbers. The guy said we could come and visit if we ever get to missing him real bad.

So those were my goodbyes for the weekend. I'm really hoping I don't have to do any more any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment