Thursday, February 11, 2010

First ER experience

Patrick and I went to the ER together for the first time last night. He was trying to open a package of tools with a knife and stabbed his hand. Blood was dripping so I took him to the kitchen sink to rinse it off. Patrick is not good with giving blood or loosing blood. He lost all his color and told me he felt like he was going to pass out. So I fed him fruit snacks and orange juice. I couldn't tell if it was bad enough to get stitches so I called our neighbors to get their opinion. Once they agreed, we took off to the ER. Enjoy our experience through pictures taken with my phone camera.

Here Patrick is in the waiting room.
The wound.
Washing off with salt water to help with infection. Once the doctor started to sew him up, he had a hard time getting the needle through Patrick's skin. He kept asking Patrick if he was loaded up on viatmins. I got really hot at this point and started feeling wheezy yet I still wanted to see what was going on. Patrick has strong skin, I have weak stomach.
Three stitches and we're ready to go.
To Steak'n Shake!!! Frisco melts made Patrick feel better.

Here is the silly tool set he was trying to open with that retarded swiss army knife.
Lesson learned:)

oh and we only spent 1 1/2 hrs at the hospital... I thought that was pretty good.

5 comments:

  1. Seems like a very exciting experience! Lol but I'm glad every thing turned out okay. 3 stitches isn't so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Not cool pics to look at for someone with a weak stomach!! Glad he's ok though! And an 1 1/2? Not bad at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fiance did the same thing a couple of months ago! He was trying to open that hard-to-open plastic wrapping and was using a knife instead of scissors. The knife slipped and cut his hand. He had to get stitches and the nerves are dead around the scar! Gross!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so yeah an hour and a half total in the ER, not bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! That looks like a nasty cut.

    ReplyDelete