Monday, June 8, 2009

Pork Tenderloin

I used my crock pot for the first time yesterday. Patrick and I decided Saturday night that we wanted to have a couple over for lunch on Sunday so I thought to make it easy on myself I'd do something in the crock pot.

Not only was this my first time using a crock pot, it was my first time cooking a pork tenderloin. It all turned out really good! I made mashed potatoes and a salad to compliment my pork. It took us about 10 tries but we finally found someone to eat with us. Everyone I asked said they were going to QDoba with a big group to eat... I'm glad Abigail and Nathan joined us. I love hanging out with them.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 pork tenderloins, about 1 pound each
salt and pepper
1 small clove garlic, minced
4 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard or country-style
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water

Preparation:
Wash and trim the pork and pat dry; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place pork in the slow cooker. Combine garlic, mustard, honey, brown sugar, vinegar, and thyme; pour over the pork. Turn pork to coat thoroughly.

Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.Remove pork to a plate, cover with foil, and keep warm. Pour the juices into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until reduced by about one-third. Combine the cornstarch and cold water; whisk into the reduced juices and cook for 1 minute longer. Serve pork sliced with the thickened juices.

Serves 6.

I didn't have cider or balsamic vinegar so I used white cooking wine and I cooked it on high for 5 hrs... turned out prety good!

3 comments: