Wednesday, March 23, 2011

4 mo

We celebrated 4 wonderful months of life with Lydia on Monday.
Photobucket
I took her to the doctor on Tuesday for her 4 month appointment. She received her second round of vaccinations. I got teary eyed but overall did better than last time. She did great. It was rough at first but calmed down once I nursed her.

Every time I go in to the dr I have a list full of questions. Our doctor is great and really takes her time answering and reassuring me.
Photobucket
I've just started spreading out her feedings from 2 1/2 hrs to 3 hrs. Now I'm trying to figure out the rest of her schedule. She used to sleep great for a full 1 1/2 hrs but lately she's having some trouble. She wakes up often needing her pacifier. Up until this point we were still swaddling her. The doc said I have to stop. She said her arms and legs are her little exploring tools and I'm trapping her. Well she's not used to that and keeps her self up with those swinging arms. I tried last night to leave her unswaddled but she woke up 5 times in the first hour. I decided I wanted to sleep and swaddled her up. She slept great and we worked on being unswaddled today during naps. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Lydia now weighs 13 lbs 5 oz (70th %tile) and is 24.5 in long (50th %tile). Her little head is literally little (7th %tile). They think it measured so small because it is a little flat on the back. We are working on that tummy time.

I feel like we are working on a lot right now. :) I'm having those common doubts about my mothering skills. I've often heard moms say that as soon as they feel comfortable in a schedule it changes. Guess that's what I'm experiencing and should probably get used to it.

1 comment:

  1. You aren't supposed to swaddle them after a certain age? Because Wyatt won't sleep well unless he's swaddled either - he gets cold, and then he's up all night. This may be an issue for us in the future too . . .

    ReplyDelete